Thursday 17 May 2012

Authentic Relationships - Ben Renshaw


I’ve just celebrated my 15th wedding anniversary. Not bad given that I once thought I wouldn’t get married until my 40th birthday which took place a few years ago! I’d made the decision not to marry until then due to high levels of scepticism around marriage as a result of watching my own parents’ relationship fall apart. The main reason I believe they didn’t make it was an inability to be truly authentic with each other. In fact as a result of all my work on relationships over the last 25 years I  would go as far as saying that the biggest single factor for most relationship difficulties is that we’re unable to be real.

I’ve identified 3 key steps, which support any relationship – business, home, or friendship in becoming more authentic:

1.    Real relationships start with your intent to be real. There is a natural power that comes as a result of committing to a genuine intent to be real. This intent becomes a magnet drawing you in the direction you want to go. The only way that you will truly experience authenticity in relationships is to be authentic yourself. 

2.    Be willing to see others differently in order to experience more real relationships. We often get a fixed mindset in the way we see others. This is not smart. It becomes self-fulfilling and we can fail to see who they really are. Entertain the idea that every encounter with someone is a new experience, as if you were meeting for the first time. Being open to possibility creates new possibilities. 

3.    There is a truth in a relationship waiting to be discovered. Every relationship has a purpose that goes beyond the naked eye. There is a heart and soul that exists within each relationship, which once discovered creates new levels of meaning and happiness.

My workshop on Authentic Relationships, June 15th will be your chance to learn and apply these timeless principles. CLICK HERE for the flyer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment